Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our over the water bungalow in Bora Bora

This is my exact reflection that I wrote upon first checking in to our Resort in Bora Bora.

"When I was coming here to the ICH, I felt a bit lavish - thinking seriously, Suz, this is beyond what you should be paying for a place to stay.  But when I walked in the lobby to check in, I was greeted with a cold drink, I was welcomed by name, seated in a place where the hotel concierges brought the paper work to me.  I was unable to take my bags - they did it for me - A shirtless Tahitian with a white lava lava loaded our bags onto the back of the tricycle.  The gentleman who checked us in first took us on a short tour of the resort and then showed us to our room... we kept walking from the hotel to the bungalows far out in the water, the further we went, the more excited Lisa and I got - we kept looking at each other with cheesy smiles and excited eyes.  Finally, we arrived at our bungalow,  well into the lagoon - off into the horizon.


"OH MY GOSH... complimentary t-shirt and sarong - pareo in Tahiti - complimentary coconut on the glass table that saw into the water below, everything was perfect.  The bathroom is incredible.  Lisa and I - as soon as the guy left, screamed like little girls and were so amazed - of course, while he was there we were dignified and acted as if we stayed in establishments like this one all of the time - until Lisa walked into the bathroom and said "this is as big as my bedroom back home" (what?  I closed my eyes and thought... did she really just say that?)  Yep, she did.. anyway.. when he left, we sure did scream like little girls and jump on the bed and get in the tub and open the glass coffee table to see the fish and run out to our own sun deck (which had its own ladder from the ocean and its own shower to shower off the salt water)

Complimentary shirt and pareo

King bed - with a pillow menu - no joke - we could order the kind of pillow we wanted.
Double sinks in the bathroom - we also got warm, fresh towels every night at 6 PM.
Our bathroom - notice the robes and slippers hanging in the closet. 
Our front room.. notice the sliding doors so the bedroom could be separated.
"What an incredible place. So SO so fun, serious.  So we went out onto our deck, our own deck with sunchairs... and I noticed Lisa bowing her head in prayer.  I knew she was thanking Heavenly Father for this opportunity.  I took her example and did the same.  I closed my eyes and thanked Heavenly Father for having the opportunity to feel like princesses - and the daughters of God that we are.  What a neat experience this is - and will be.  We are very blessed to be here... and they just brought a plate of fresh fruit on skewers! OH MY GOODNESS!! We are princesses for our stay here.  So lucky and blessed.  Oh yeah - and we have robes and slippers! Yeay."
View from the bedroom of our deck (notice the sunchairs, the ladder from the water.. and even the place to have  a meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment